Monday, August 07, 2006

I've been away- but now i'm back



So i've been on holiday. What's that you ask? At which vacation hotspot did i summer? Biarritz? Monte Carlo? Mauritius?
Close, my friends but no. This year i had it large at Turriff, Aberdeenshire, famous for the decorated trainer, pictured.
This was the craft exhibition at the Turriff Show of course and was behind some chicken wire as you're not allowed to touch (forsooth!) because the jewels might come off. Other such craft items on show were the six inch knitted square, the fruit and vegetable modelling and decorated biscuit, not to mention the soap modelling.

Wish you were there? I'll fucking bet you do.

1 comment:

Mimey said...

I'm liking the sound of vegetable modelling. I'll just pop off and carve these potatoes into a pile of chips. That is high art!

Welcome home. Had worried that you'd fallen off the edge of the world or something, but I didn't hear any screams.