Friday, August 25, 2006

I just called to save you love me


There was a repeat of The Two Ronnies on last night, when Ronnie Corbett was blacked up as Stevie Wonder in a pastiche of I just called to say i love you. It was a singular and somewhat unnerving sight i can tell you, because it was so accurate. Its stayed with me all day.

***Click on BUY MY PRODUCTS on the left and you can buy my products*** (Advertisement)

This is a picture of Bobby Video on Lea Bridge Road, Walthamstow. i was on the bus which is why its blurry- i just chose it at random from my photos. This was my favourite shop name, along with Ken Machines in Hackney when i lived in London. What's Your favourite Shop Name?

FRIDAY CULTURAL PICK- i'm reading The Thousand and One Nights. It's brilliant.

3 comments:

Mimey said...

Oooh oooh oooh forbidden planet, never mind that I don't like them, ooh ooh, looking good. I might actually invest. Expect a sale shortly.

1001 nights. From Arabia? Tried it and just kept rereading Ali Baba. I love that cave. I was only small though.

steve said...

i dont love forbidden planet but its another avenue you know. if youre going to buy something you may as well send me a cheque which would be easier.

1001 nights its a bit violent and sexy to be reading as a bairn- maybe you had a tamer version.

Mimey said...

Well I want to read and possess all you have published apart from the BP2 which I own, that started this whole charade. In which case what should the cheque add up to?