Sunday, September 10, 2006

Busy



I'm really busy at the moment. I have to get my tax return done by 30th September after i foolishly registered as self employed for my comics, i've got to get Banal Pig III done by the Birmingham Comic Expo in December, (looking ever more unlikely), a story for a Dead By Dawn horror compilation which is set in the Victorian era so i've got to add a lot of historical detail (by end of september), Ethel Sparrowhawk, plus it's my girlfriends birthday in two weeks so i've got to get her presents. Also, a full length Cat Dad comic is on the back burner.
I dont get paid for any of this stuff, it is a "labour of love" as they say and its a bit on top of me at the moment.

I've really got to get that fucking tax return done.

The photo is one of approximately ten million i took of Basic Instinct off the telly (after i videoed it) for the artwork for the Fun Coconut story from Jolly Bear and Fun Coconut Summer Special in which he imagines various scenes from Basic Instinct. Unfortunately i couldnt quite get a clear enough shot of this bit, where Sharon Stone digs her nails into his back while they are "making love" and he lunges forward and grimaces right into the camera.

1 comment:

Mimey said...

You have my sympathy over the tax and the paperwork for the tax. Icky indeed.

I suppose I'd better offer sympathy for having to view and reproduce such images. Possibly the most horrible thing I've seen all day. It's all ick round here. Ick.

Probably not the right time to pitch my newest idea-ette, then.

Can't you draw something as a gift, thereby killing two birds with one stone. Possibly not the best approach to domestic harmony.