Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hello Bloggery!

There was a thing in the paper (guardian) today about blogging, and the fact that there’s no real point to it, and the majority of people’s blogs dry up after about 3 months. Although there is no particular structure to this‘un, that is, it’s not a diary or review site or webcomic specifically, it does have a function for me. Obviously, it’s a kind of advert for the comics, and once I write something down it kind of commits me to doing it (although looking back at a few things I have changed my mind on minicomics and that).

There was also a thing about a blogger’s code of conduct, where you shouldn’t slander people, or say things you wouldn’t say to someone’s face but that missed the point a bit doesn’t it? Us computer friends don’t say anything to people’s faces, socially inept as we obviously are, and writing down so it gets read by three people is somehow harder than just thinking it or something. Finally, on this somewhat ponderous and rambling post, it says comment posters shouldn’t be anonymous which is fair do’s, so if you’re reading this and I don’t know who you are, say hello! and tell us all where you come from, it’ll be exciting, plus it’ll give me a better idea who’s reading this so I don’t offend you, you set of bastards.

Also, I’m thinking of doing a little project based on the excellent painting “Dignity and Impudence” by Edwin Landseer (google it) where I expand upon the lives of the charming odd couple of dogs depicted, one’s dignified, one’s impudent- with hilarious consequences! Probably!

Don’t forget, say hello!

6 comments:

Oliver East said...

speaking as a stammerer i find it easyier to crap on about stuff in a blog, rather than discus face to face with people. i have to be careful not to have a drink before commenting on anyone else's though (see your previous posts for prime examples). there's a few blogs that i read every day but never comment on. it's nice to imagine people do the same with mine but i'm pretty sure it's just my wife, my mum and you.

steve said...

well as long as we've got each other. what about your number one fan? we've not heard from him since you met have we? did you put him off? you've got more profile views than me though so your internet whoring must count for something, even if people dont leave a message.

in a similar vein i've set up a tracker for visitors to the bp website bizarrely enough, most of them seem to come from the forbidden planet website, as i'm listed down the side.

Gary said...

Have you read permablog in G2. It's usually quite good. You know who I am, Steve, but I'll say hello anyhow.

Hello.

Mimey said...

Hello. I like your blog.

steve said...

hello!

Mimey said...

Stop reading your comments and get on with the drawing!