Sunday, October 22, 2006

New Anthology I'm putting together

Call for Applications

I am looking for contributions for a comic/writing anthology, entitled The BP (Banal Pig) Portrait Prize. There is no prize however, it’s just called that because of the real BP Portrait Prize (at the National Portrait Gallery in London), which is a bit rubbish. Anyway the theme of the anthology (unsurprisingly) is Portraiture, and this could take a number of forms, e.g. self-portraiture or a portrait of something/someone that you either love or hate.
The tone I’m looking for is light-hearted or tongue in cheek, and this can include weird and dark, but no po-faced tributes to your granddad or anything like that. It can be any of these forms:
Image and text
Comic Strip
Prose/ poetry
Or Large Pic/s with no text at all.

I’m not particularly bothered about technical artistic skill as long as it’s heart felt and genuine, and no shit please.

Email me at stevotillotson@hotmail.com if you’re interested.

3 comments:

Mimey said...

Can it be self portraits taken in public toilets? A self centred homage to those who clean the waste of strangers in order to keep the world happy.

Seriously though, I shall think about htis when I'm not being hysterical and childish.

steve said...

drawings or writing only i'm afraid. and light hearted, but please feel free to pitch an idea.

Mimey said...

*Taps foot, scratches head.*

I'm thinking. So is Mr T. We're thinking sooooo hard.

Mid week dementia is no fun.